Generate Leads with White Paper Marketing
White paper marketing is an effective strategy for educating prospects and nurturing them through the sales funnel until they become satisfied customers.
White paper marketing is particularly potent for closing complex sales. When done correctly, nothing brings in qualified sales leads like a properly-targeted offer for an information-packed white paper.
At Your Story Social we deeply understand how to create compelling white paper content and structure it for lead generation nurturing campaigns. By following these guidelines you will begin to understand the best practices for a successful white paper marketing campaign:
Success Strategies for White Paper Marketing
- When advertising your white paper on your website or to your email list make your copy short and to the point. Emphasize the call to action. Use verbiage that immediately answers your prospects’ burning questions.
- Create original content. There’s nothing worse than downloading a white paper which repeats information that is readily available on the company’s website.
- Keep form fields to a minimum. How much information do you really need to reach out to prospects in the future? Studies show that forms with a high number of fields asking for detailed information have a greater abandon rate than concise forms which simply ask for name and email.
- Use specific, focused white paper titles. A long-tail title such as “Twitter Strategies for Auto Dealers to Make Sales” delivers better qualified leads than, “Social Media Strategies.”
- Re-purpose your valuable white paper content by placing it in relevant white paper libraries, in PPC campaigns, in a resource center on your website or pay for a third-party site to advertise it.
- Make it pretty. No one wants to read page after page of text. Include graphics and charts to further illustrate your points.
- Hire a professional journalist to research and write your white paper. Professional writers know how to extract the most useful information from your company’s experts. Journalists also are experienced at boiling down jargon into understandable concepts in an engaging way.
How can we help you generate more leads with white paper marketing? Contact us at kc@YourStorySocial.com or call 440-479-0932.